This page only outlines invitation details, please make sure to review the “HOW TO APPLY” page first for a full list of requirements.

I. Invitation

To apply for a work or student visa it is required that you present an invitation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs or its offices. The Ministry issues such invitations at the request of the host organization/institute.

Invitations issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs come in print or electronic forms. Print invitations must be presented in original. Electronic invitations may be presented as copies.

Please note that the information in the invitation must fully correspond to the information in the applicant’s passport. Invitations containing errors will not be accepted.


II. Validity period

Single and double-entry work and student visas are issued for up to 90 days. Multiple-entry work visas are issued for the period of up to 3 years as specified in the invitation.


III. HIV tests requirement

Applicants for multiple-entry work visas are required to submit an HIV blood test certificate. The test must be taken no earlier than 3 months before the application date.